Functional assays are in the truest sense precision medicine; matching a patient to a drug by directly testing their live tissue. The hypothesis is simple, yet in a personalized healthcare approach dominated by population scale genomics, the utilization of functional assays is limited. There exists a great opportunity to expand precision medicine beyond genomics, ultimately bringing better treatment options and the potential for greater outcomes to patients in need.
Bringing together a unique mix of pharmaceutical, academic and technology leaders, the series is must attend for those interested in the use of assaying technology to further biomarker discovery, drug R&D and personalized healthcare outcomes.
Through guest speakers, interactive panel discussions and Q&A sessions, the series will focus on these key topics:
- Demonstrating the clinical utility of functional precision medicine testing
- Implementing functional testing in precision medicine clinical trials
- Accelerating the application of functional testing
- Addressing stakeholder, educational and investment challenges for functional precision medicine
Meeting ID: 936 9981 1786
If joining by phone:
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
September 9th, 2020 | 11:00 AM EST
Lawrence Boise, PhD - Emory University
"Functional and phenotypic analysis of venetoclax sensitivity in multiple myeloma."
Olli Kallioniemi - Karolinska Institute
" - Functional precision cancer medicine: molecular insights and clinical implementation in AML and beyond"
August 12th, 2020 | 11:00 AM EST
Dr. Zenz Thorsten - University of Zurich
“Drug-perturbation-based stratification of blood cancer”
Dr. Hervé Tiriac - UCSD Moores Cancer Center
"Pancreatic Cancer Patient-Derived Organoids as a Tool for Personalized Medicine"
July 8th, 2020 | 11:00 AM EST
Caroline Heckman, PhD, Research Director, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Finland
“Predicting drug combination efficacy in hematological malignancies by multi-parametric functional analysis”
Gregory Vladimer, PhD, CSO, Allcyte
"High content microscopy of primary patient material and AI in translational research and precision medicine"